Apply for Boards & Commissions
Procedure to Serve on a Board, Committee or Commission
The City of Whitewater periodically has vacancies on various boards, committees, and commissions, and welcomes you to apply for appointment.
Interested persons are asked to complete and submit an electronic Citizen Service Information Form.
Once you submit your Citizen Service Information Form the review and appointment process is as follows:
- Your electronically submitted Citizen Service Information Form is automatically transmitted to the City Manager and Common Council President for consideration. Your form is also transmitted to the City Clerk for recording.
- Per ordinance, all applications are reviewed by the City Manager and the Common Council President.
- The City Manager and Common Council President may request that you be available for an interview as part of their review process.
- Based on their review, the City Manager and Common Council President will nominate applicants for appointment by the Common Council.
- Once nominees have been selected, all applicants under consideration are notified of their application status.
- Nominees will also be notified of the date and time for the Common Council meeting where their nomination will be considered for approval.
- If you are nominated for appointment to a board, committee or commission, you are welcome to attend the Common Council meeting, however, your attendance is not required.
- Following action by the Common Council, nominees are usually notified within two business days regarding the status of their nomination.
- For those appointed to a board, committee or commission, an orientation is then scheduled.
Citizen Service Information Form
A paper copy of the Citizen Service Information Form is available at the City Clerk's office, 312 W. Whitewater Street, Whitewater, WI 53190
For further information, email City Clerk Michele Smith or call at 262-473-0102.
Interested in Serving as a Committee Member? Apply Today!
The City of Whitewater invites community members to continue to make Whitewater an exceptional community in which to live, work and play. Board member openings/renewals available in the committees:
- Birge Fountain Committee
- Board of Zoning Appeals
- Common Council
- Community Development Authority
- Community Involvement & Cable TV Commission
- Disability Rights Committee
- Equal Opportunities Commission
- Ethics Committee
- Landmarks Commission
- Library Board
- Parks and Recreation Board
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Advisory Committee
- Plan and Architectural Review Commission
- Police and Fire Commission
- Public Arts Committee (page coming soon)
- Whitewater University Technology Park Board
- Urban Forestry Commission