- Public Works
- Garbage and Recycling
- John's Disposal Service
John's Disposal Service
View the current collection schedule for the City of Whitewater at the John's Disposal website or call John's Disposal at 262-473-4700 for questions.
New and Replacement Toters
- Toters for new construction - contact the Neighborhood Services Department at 262-473-0144 or by Email.
- Replacement toters - contact John's Disposal at 262-473-4700. Make sure you you have your current toter number available.
Garbage Pick-up (Toters)
- Garbage pick-up is weekly on Thursday mornings, citywide.
- Recycling is every two weeks.
- Bulky items are picked up the second Thursday of the month.
- Garbage may not be set out earlier than 4:00 PM on Wednesday.
- Garbage containers must be restored to a place out of view from the street by 9:00 AM the day after pickup.
- If containers are left out and the city has to move them there will be a $25 fee charged to the property owner (ordinance 8.28.090).
The brown cart is for garbage only. Set the brown cart at the curb for collection every week.
All trash must be in the cart. Extra or bulky material can only be taken with the bulky collection. Mixed trash includes:
- Bagged garbage
- Broken toys
- Food waste
- Light bulbs
- Loose garbage
- Plastic wrap
Do not put yard waste, recyclables, boxes, or household hazardous waste into the brown cart.
The green cart is for recyclables only and is collected every other week. Recyclables should be loose, not in plastic bags.
Recyclables include mixed paper and mixed containers such as:
- Aerosol cans
- Aluminum foil
- Brown corrugated cardboard
- Brown paper bags
- Dried out paint cans
- Glass bottles/jars
- Gray chipboard (Cereal and shoe boxes)
- Number 1 through 7 plastic bottles or jugs
- School/office paper
- Steel cans
- Tin cans
Please only recycle plastic containers with threaded tops. No deli containers, toys, bags or other plastics.
Items Not Accepted
Do not put the following in the green cart:
- Deli containers
- Household hazardous waste
- Other plastic
- Plastic bags
- Yard waste