- Municipal Court
Office Hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Whitewater Municipal Court will give you the option to have a video or phone hearing through GoToMeeting, a letter will be mailed to you with the access code. If you choose to do this there is no need for you to appear in person.
Below are the options that are available to you. The court office is open, but we encourage business by telephone, email, and/or mail.
You can enter a Not Guilty Plea in writing prior to the court date by email at Clerk of Whitewater Municipal Court OR by mail at P.O. Box 690 Whitewater, WI 53190. Your matter will then be set for a pretrial telephone conference at a later date and time and a notice will be mailed to you.
Please provide your name, address, phone number and citation number(s) on your request.
Payment of your citation prior to the court date will automatically result in entry of a no contest plea and you will be found guilty.
If you wish to request a new court date, you may request a one-time continuance prior to the court date by phone, email or mail. A new initial appearance date will be given.
IF YOU DO NOTHING, you will be found guilty by default and given 60 days to pay.
If your appearance is marked "MANDATORY", the same options stated above will apply to you. Please contact the court clerk for additional possible options and/or consequences.
We ask that if you do appear, you do not bring along any additional parties except those necessary, and/or a parent or guardian if required.
PLEASE NOTE: When considering your options above, with minimal exceptions, the Judge cannot amend your citation at your initial appearance. If you wish to contest your citation or discuss anything regarding your citation, please consider entering a not guilty plea in writing prior to the court date as stated above and you will be scheduled for a pretrial telephone conference with the City attorney at a later date.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Clerk of Whitewater Municipal Court by phone at 262-473-1384 or by Email.
You can mail checks/money order payable to:
CITY OF WHITEWATER MUNICIPAL COURT, P.O. Box 690, Whitewater, WI 53190
OR drop off checks/cash/money order at City of Whitewater Municipal Court
Please note there will be an additional service fee for using credit/debit cards.
After Receiving Your Citation
You must either:
- Post bond and/or enter plea by mail
- Appear in court on your court date
- Not Guilty (Must be entered in writing)
- No Contest (Will result in finding of guilty)
If you do not post bond or appear in court a default judgment will be entered against you.
If you do not pay a levied fine, either a warrant may be issued for your arrest, or your driving privileges may be suspended for up to five years.
In lieu of appearance in court, you may post/pay the bond amount listed on your citation online, over the phone, by mail or in person. If using mail please send a certified check or money order made payable to "Whitewater Municipal Court" to the address listed. Credit card payments can be made online, over the phone or in person and cash payments may be made in person at the Clerk of Courts Office.
Court Payment Information
- Court Payment Methods (PDF)
- Monthly Payment Plan Request (PDF) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Community Service Options
- Community Service Options (PDF)
- Community Service Record Sheet (PDF) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Do I have to appear in court?
- I want to plead “not guilty.” What do I do?
- What happens if I don’t appear in court and haven’t posted bail?
- I appear in court, but would like to consult with my attorney. What can I do?
- I violated a city ordinance. What happens next?
- I received a traffic violation. What do I do?