Are You Eligible to Vote?
To be eligible to vote, you must have lived in the City of Whitewater at least 28 days, be at least 18 years old, and have not lost your right to vote.
When filled out, mail or hand-deliver (along with proof of residence) to:
Whitewater City Clerk
312 W Whitewater Street
P.O. Box 178
Whitewater, WI 53190
- If you are registering by mail, the application must be postmarked no later than the 20th day (3rd Wednesday) before the election and you must include proof of residence with your application.
- If you are registering in person after the 20th day before the election, you must register at the Clerk's office, and you will be required to show a valid proof of residence.
Proof of Residence - Acceptable Documents
The following constitute acceptable Proof-of-Residence, if the document contains:
- A current and valid Wisconsin driver's license
- A current and valid Wisconsin identification card
- Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit
- Any identification card issued by an employer in the normal course of business and bearing a photo of the card holder, but not including a business card
- A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election
- A residential lease which is effective for a period that includes Election Day (not for first-time voters registering by mail) (Must be a signed copy of Lease)
- A gas, electric, cable tv or telephone service statement (utility bill) for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before Election Day
- Bank statement
- Paycheck. A check or other document issued by a unit of government
Where Do You Vote? (Find Your Ward) AMENDMENT PENDING
Review the chart, which is sorted by street then by house number, to determine which Ward you reside in and where you vote. (If your address does not appear on the chart, please contact the Municipal Clerk at 262-473-0500 to determine your district.)
- Voting Ward Location Chart
- Voting Ward Map
- Aldermanic District Map (PDF) UPDATING DUE TO REDISTRICTING
- Aldermanic District 1 consists of Wards 1, 2 and 3
- Aldermanic District 2 consists of Wards 9 & 10
- Aldermanic District 3 consists of Wards 4 & 5
- Aldermanic District 4 consists of Wards 6, 7 & 8
- Aldermanic District 5 consists of Wards 11 through 13 (Jefferson County portion of City)
Am I registered?
Find out if you are registered, where to vote, what you need to bring with you at My Vote Wisconsin.