The Finance Department manages finances for:
- All of the city's day-to-day activities
- December to January tax payments
- Discounted attraction tickets available at the finance window
- Miscellaneous invoice payments
- Pet licensing
- Utility payments
2022 Revenue Bond Issuance
The Common Council approved the sale of $8,190,000 of Revenue bonds at a May 19, 2022 special meeting. These bonds will provide permanent financing for Capital Projects approved in the 2021-2023 budgets to benefit the Water and Sewer Utilities. These bonds are secured by the revenues of both the Water and Sewer Utilities in Whitewater. Further information can be found in the Sale Day Report found here. 2022 Revenue Bond Issuance - Sale Day Report.
2022 General Obligation Bond Issue
The Common Council approved the sale of $5,130,000 of General Obligation bonds at their March 15, 2022 meeting. These bonds will provide permanent financing for Capital Projects approved in the 2021-2023 budgets. Further information can be found in the Sale Day Report found here. 2022 Financing Plan.
2022-2023 Municipal Budget Adopted
The 2022-2023 Operating and Capital budgets were presented to the Common Council on November 2, 2021 and subsequently adopted on November 16, 2021. This approval follows several detailed review sessions by the Finance Committee during October. An electronic copy of the 2022-2023 Municipal Budget can be found here: The overview presented to the Common Council can also be found here.
- When do the water bills come out?
- Can I have the monthly utility billing automatically deducted from my bank or credit card account?
- What forms of payment can I use for the payment of transactions with the City?
- Where can I drop off my utility payments?
- What kind of business can I conduct at the Finance/Utility office?