Created pursuant to Chapter 2.45 of the Whitewater Municipal Code.
This Committee consists of three council members serving one-year terms appointed at the city council organization meeting in April.
The duties of the Committee include:
- Recommend the purchase, sale or leasing of real estate by the city and to recommend the use or disposition of vacant or unutilized city-owned real estate
- To review certain plats
- To locate and recommend the acquisition of areas for municipal purposes, such purposes to include the requirements for expansion of the city street system and improvements therefor, to conduct hearings on official map proceedings and street and alley vacations
- To investigate, determine and recommend to the Common Council capital outlay improvements program for Public Works, such program to include the construction of new streets, sewers, watermains, and such other improvements to streets as the construction of curb and gutter, paving and sidewalks, and to determine priorities on locations therefor
- To handle street light and maintenance policies
- To investigate and recommend pavement markings, street signage and on-street parking