The Neighborhood Services Department builds community by helping the community build. The department issues building and zoning permits, enforces the municipal code, maintains maps and geographic data and engages in short- and long-range land use planning.
The department provides personal attention and accurate and detailed information, and works work with citizens to provide the best outcome and improve Whitewater’s quality of life.
Here you can find information on general guidelines for residents, how to submit a code violation complaint, parking permits and electronic parking ticket payments.
Building permit applications and additional construction information can be found here.
View the City of Whitewater Comprehensive Plan 2010, housing studies, a zoning summary chart, and maps of the city.
Browse through ordinances and policies for the City of Whitewater.
This is a web page with resources and links for both renters and landlords in the City of Whitewater.
- Do I need a building permit to add a deck to my house?
- Do I need a permit for a shed or detached garage?
- Do I need a permit for new siding or replacement windows?
- Do I need a permit for new cabinets or replacing drywall?
- Who has to remove the snow and/or ice off the sidewalk in front of my house?
- When do I have to cut my grass?
- How many non-family household members can I have in a single family house?