Current Construction Projects
Update on Milwaukee St. and Elkhorn Rd.
The City of Whitewater was just informed that the contractor for the Milwaukee Street project has reconsidered their startup date due to a change in the forecasted weather. Work is now tentatively scheduled to resume on Monday, March 9, 2020.
As stated in an earlier announcement, Milwaukee Street will be closed to thru traffic from Rice Street to the round-a-bout. The contractor will be finishing the sanitary sewer and storm sewer work in this section. After the underground work is completed, crews will complete the remaining concrete pavement, curb and gutter, drive approaches and sidewalk, street signs, pavement markings and restoration.
After the underground work is completed between Rice Street and the round-a-bout, the contractor will resume work on Elkhorn Road from the round-a-bout to Highway 12. Work in this section includes storm sewer, milling and overlaying of asphalt pavement, concrete pavement, curb and gutter, sidewalks, street signs, pavement markings and restoration. Elkhorn Road will be closed to thru traffic. Access will be permitted for local businesses and property owners.
The round-a-bout will remain open to traffic during construction.
All work is scheduled to be completed by July 21, 2020.
Bradley J. Marquardt, P.E.
Public Works Director
Checkout Whitewater’s 2020 Upcoming Construction Projects including Clay Street.
Construction Contact Information
Mohammad Hossain - Supervisor
WisDOT SE Region
141 NW Barstow Street Waukesha, Wl53187
Email Mohammad Hossain
- If businesses are interested in having signs placed, contact Brad Marquardt for details at 262-473-0139.
- The DOT will assist businesses for individual signs 2'x3' for Milwaukee Street.
- The DOT will assist businesses for multiple businesses signs 4'x8' for Milwaukee Street.
- If businesses would like to place signs on Clay Street to inform traffic of their business and location, you can place a 2'x3' yard sign along Clay Street at your own expense. Contact Brad Marquardt with any questions and details.
- Residents along Dann Street, Clay Street and Bluff Road will experience an increase in traffic including semis as motorists adjust to the Milwaukee Street closure. Thank you for your understanding during this process.
DOT and Milwaukee Street contractor Zignigo will be holiding a business property meeting
Thursday, March 21st
Municipal Building, Community Room- 1st Floor
The meeting will be an open format and citizens can ask questions about the project.