Parties in Whitewater
Are you planning a family gathering? Have questions on City Ordinances and regulations? Is your neighbor's gathering getting out of hand? The following is some helpful information for everyone to enjoy a fun and legal gathering.
General Gathering & Party Ordinances
- 19.58.040 Residential Noise
- 19.58.050 General Noise Disturbance
- 7.02 Obstructing Public Officers
- 7.23.010 Littering
- 7.36 Disturbances of the Peace
- 7.36.020 Offenses Against Public Peace Prohobited
- 7.36.030 Damage to Property
- 7.63.010 Alcohol Offenses
- 8.24 Rubbish
View more information about why your party could be shutdown or fined (PDF).
City of Whitewater Code of Ordinances
View the full listing of Code of Ordinances for the City of Whitewater.
Possible Penalties & Fines for Violation of Ordinances
- Noise Violations: $150 to $300 in fines plus fees
- Disorderly Conduct: $200 to $500 in fines plus fees
- Open Intoxicants in Public: $200 to $500 in fines plus fees
- Underage Possession/Consumption of Alcohol: $200 to $1,000 in fines plus fees and suspension of drivers licenses
- Misrepresentation of Age: $500 to $900 in fines plus fees
Check out a listing of more possible penalties and fines (PDF).
Tips for a Safe & Legal Gathering or Party
- Let your neighbors know about your gathering in advance.
- Invite only people you know.
- Be aware of your guests upon arrival.
- Monitor your gathering and keep it under control- you are responsible for the behavior of your guests.
- Do not let anyone drive if they have been drinking.
- Have a plan for parking and designated drivers if needed.
- Do not sell alcohol or allow underage drinking.
- Do not sponsor large gatherings.
- Ask guests to respect your neighbors, their property and your property.
- Pick up any trash immediately after event.
For Tenants & Landlords
- Tenants - Review your lease and ask your landlord questions about having a gathering on their property.
- Landlords - Send and discuss regulations and rules of your lease on your property.
Read some more helpful reminders (PDF) to keep your next gathering safe, legal, and fun.
Who to Contact with Concerns About a Gathering or Party
Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Call Neighborhood Services at 262-473-0540
After Hours & Weekends
Call the Whitewater Police Department non-emergency number at 262-473-0555, ext. 4.
Find more information about what to do if a gathering in your neighborhood is getting out of hand (PDF).
- Department of Public Works Phone: 262-473-0560
- John's Disposal Phone: 262-473-4700
- Parks and Recreation Phone: 262-473-0520