The City of Whitewater is distributed in both Walworth and Jefferson counties. The designated Opportunity Zone sits entirely in Walworth County.
Opportunity Zones are low-income census tracts nominated by governors and certified by the U.S. Department of the Treasury into which investors can now put capital to work financing new projects and enterprises in exchange for certain federal capital gains tax advantages. The country now has over 8,700 Opportunity Zones in every state and territory.
List of designated Qualified Opportunity Zones (QOZs): This spreadsheet was updated on December 14, 2018, by Community Development Financial Institutions Fund (CDFI).
- For a map of all designated QOZs, click here.
- To view all designated QOZs, click on the “Layers” tab on the menu on the right-hand side of the screen. Select “Opportunity Zone Tract” and unselect “2011-2015 LIC Census Tract,” and zoom in to a specific area on the map. Designated QOZs will appear in blue. (Please note that if other layer options are selected, it will change the colors of the tracts.)
- To view a specific census tract, enter the tract number in the search bar, select “2011-2015 Census Tract” by clicking on the mailbox symbol on the left of the search bar, click search, and select the census tract number that appears in the results below.
Additional guidance on visualizing designated QOZs can be found in this user guide.
IRS Revenue Procedure: Provides information on the eligibility criteria for census tract designation as a Qualified Opportunity Zone and the nomination and designation process.
Opportunity Zones Information Resource, with sortable lists by State of all census tracts originally eligible for designation as a QOZ.
Opportunity Zones Shapefile: This Zip file contains a Geographic Information System (GIS) shapefile of all population census tracts designated as QOZs. See Readme text document for additional details.
Statewide Opportunity Funds
- Badger State Opportunity Fund
- Alpha Opportunity Zone Fund 1
- P & R Opportunity Zone Fund 1, LP
- Opportunity Zone Fund Directory
Click to view CDFI Public Viewer of Opportunity Zones