What can and can’t be flushed?

Common questions are for pharmaceuticals, engine fluids, and paint products. The City has a pharmaceutical drop off box in the entryway of the municipal building for pharmaceuticals.

Jefferson County and Walworth County also have Clean Sweep programs in place to accept old medications and household chemicals. These programs should be utilized annually as City Ordinance 16.14.575 prohibits the above discharges. Information for these programs can be found at the Jefferson County website or the Walworth County website.

Show All Answers

1. Is there a charge for trimming my tree which is within the public road right-of-way? If you cut it down, do I pay for it?
2. What can and can’t be flushed?
3. What are the compost site hours and rules?
4. I seem to be using a lot of water. What should I do?
5. My street light is burnt out or doesn't work properly. Who takes care of it?
6. Who maintains the trees within the public road right-of-way?
7. I have rusty water. What should I do?
8. I am moving out of the city. What should I do?
9. What type of wastes can be treated at the Wastewater Utility?
10. I have a question about my utility bill. Who should I contact?
11. Is my water safe to drink?
12. What is the proper way to install a sump pump?
13. Does the city plant terrace trees?
14. When is brush chipping?
15. What do I do when there is a sewer backup in my home?