I received a traffic violation. What do I do?

Traffic violations will have a fine imposed. Most traffic violations have demerit points assessed against them. These points are determined by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation. Some traffic violations also will require a suspension or revocation of your driving privileges. An alcohol assessment is required on all OAWI violations. You will be given information regarding these requirements when you appear in court.

Show All Answers

1. Do I have to appear in court?
2. I want to plead “not guilty.” What do I do?
3. What happens if I don’t appear in court and haven’t posted bail?
4. I appear in court, but would like to consult with my attorney. What can I do?
5. I violated a city ordinance. What happens next?
6. I received a traffic violation. What do I do?