Parking permits for June 1, 2017 through May 31, 2018 will be available for sale starting on Friday, May 5, 2016 at the Whitewater Police Department lobby window, located at 312 W. Whitewater Street, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Downtown Resident Parking Permit Pricing:
- Permits for June 1, 2017 through May 31, 2018 will be sold at a cost of $200
- Must have a valid proof of residency. The types of documents demonstrating proof of residency include a current signed lease or letter (on letterhead) signed by the landlord stating lease dates and the address; a driver’s license with valid address; or a utility bill, bank statement, or official government correspondence dated within the last ninety days. Junk mail, magazines, envelopes, etc. may not be used as proof of residency.
- Permits for June 1, 2017 through May 31, 2018 will be sold at a cost of:
- Downtown On-street Parking Permits - $40. Permits are valid only from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday – Saturday
- Night/Early Hang Tag - $50. Permits are valid for municipal lot parking. A maximum of 4 permit hanging tags will be granted to owner/operator of downtown business that has employees requiring parking between the hours of 2:00 a.m to 5:00 a.m. A permits will grant parking in City owned lots located in the downtown area between the hours of 9:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. Night parking will not be allowed during snow removal when all vehicles MUST be removed from the non-permitted areas for plowing. During snow removal vehicles may be located from 9:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. in City Lot C.
Refunds – Permits may be returned to the Police Department lobby window, 8:00 am through 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday, for a prorated refund, if the permit holder no longer lives or works in the downtown area.
For questions concerning the City of Whitewater permit parking program please call Streets Superintendant Chuck Nass at 262-473-0560. For questions about the parking permit sale please call 262-458-2806.